The 28th iteration of the 28th Aspendos Opera and Ballet Festival, which kicked off on Sept. 4 in Turkey’s Mediterranean resort city of Antalya, continues with exclusive performances, comprising of two operas, a ballet and two concerts.
The festival, which will continue until Sept. 23, will include a “3 Sopranos, 3 Tenors” concert with a wide repertoire ranging from opera arias to Neapolitans, from symphonic folk songs to popular songs, said a statement by the Antalya State Opera and Ballet (DOB).
Under the direction of the conductor Ibrahim Yazıcı, sopranos Çiğdem Onal, Esin Talınlı, Funda Saltaş Ateşoğlu, and tenors Ayhan Ustuk, Aykut Çınar and Şenol Talınlı will be on stage with the Antalya DOB orchestra.The concert will be held on Sept. 15 at 9 p.m. local time (6 p.m. GMT) at the ancient Aspendos Theater.
Among the previous performances of the festival are the “Murat IV” opera and Italian composer Giacomo Puccini’s famous opera “Madama Butterfly.”
The only ballet performance of the festival will be “Pandemic” – which made its world premiere at the Antalya State Opera and Ballet a while ago – on Sept. 18 at 9 p.m.
- Freedomroo – At McKinsey, Widespread Furor Over Work With Planet’s Biggest Polluters
- Freedomroo – Georgia Love celebrates five years since first meeting husband Lee Elliott on The Bachelorette
- Taiwan’s president becomes first to reveal US troops ARE on the island threat from China increasing
- Manchester United are ‘ready to lose Paul Pogba for NOTHING’ at the end of the season
- What to Do This Weekend
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on