Two Azerbaijani journalists were killed and three people injured when a mine planted by Armenia during its occupation exploded in the Kalbajar district.
The explosion occurred when a bus carrying journalists who were on duty in the recently liberated Kalbajar region crossed over the mine.
Meherrem Ibrahimov, a journalist for the state news agency Azertac, and Sirac Abishov, a cameraperson for Azerbaijan state television AZTV, were killed in the explosion.
The injured people included another AZTV employee.
The Kalbajar region was recently liberated after a nearly three-decade occupation by Armenian forces.
During a 44-day conflict last year, which ended in a truce Nov. 10, 2020, Azerbaijan liberated several cities and nearly 300 settlements and villages in Karabakh from Armenia’s occupation.
The cease-fire is seen as a victory for Azerbaijan and a defeat for Armenia, whose armed forces withdrew in line with the agreement.
- Freedomroo – 96% players vaccinated against COVID-19, NBA chief Silver says
- Freedomroo – Gina Liano teases return to The Real Housewives of Melbourne
- Freedomroo – On a Pacific Island, Russia Tests Its Battle Plan on Climate Change
- Newsco – Angelina Jolie’s daughter Shiloh, 15, wears a dress on the red carpet for the first time
- Freedomroo – Violent Israeli raids in occupied East Jerusalem wound dozens | Israel-Palestine conflict News
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on