Turkey’s border units caught a PKK suspect trying to illegally flee to Greece from the northwestern part of the country, the Defense Ministry said Friday.
“A person trying to cross from our country to Greece illegally was caught by our border units in Ipsala district of Edirne,” the ministry announced on Twitter.
“The person, who was previously tried for aiding and abetting the PKK terrorist organization, was handed over to the Ipsala District Gendarmerie Station,” it added.
In its more than four-decade terror campaign against Turkey, the PKK – listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the European Union – has been responsible for the deaths of over 40,000 people, including women, children and infants.
- Scientists create AI Albert Einstein who chats and answers questions about the famed theories
- Freedomroo – Colorado Judge Censured for Using Racial Slur Will Resign, Court Says
- Arsenal forward Alexandre Lacazette reveals decision on his future is ‘not only on my side’
- Freedomroo – Walter Mondale, Ex-Vice President Under Jimmy Carter, Dies
- Freedomroo – All U.S. States Have Met Biden’s Vaccine Expansion Deadline
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on