Liberal senator for NSW Jim Molan will step back from his duties to treat an aggressive cancer.
Senator Molan, 70, on Monday said he would take leave after receiving the shock diagnosis last week.
“I will be taking leave from the Senate for further testing to confirm the prognosis and to commence treatment,” he said in a statement.
“While this news has come as a shock, I have many reasons to be positive.
“I’m receiving the best possible care from my clinicians and have the love, support and prayers of my family.
“I have never been afraid to fight the battles that need to be fought and this is no exception.”
Senator Molan, the father of TV and radio personality Erin Molan, is a former major general in the Australian Army. He has been a senator for NSW since November 2019.
- Freedomroo – Dr MAI THI NGUYEN-KIM on the hidden chemistry that rules our lives and loves
- Are you suffering from pain-somnia and waking up in agony? Here’s how to beat it
- Freedomroo – Mother discovers warning about little-known compartment in her fridge
- Freedomroo – Facebook, Preparing for Chauvin Verdict, Will Limit Posts That Might Incite Violence
- Freedomroo – Mouse scurries through Beach Burrito Co in Adelaide
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on