A man who attempted to break up an alleged assault in a Sydney carpark has been hospitalised with a broken arm and head injuries.
Police were called to an apartment block on Punchbowl Road in Punchbowl at 4.30pm on Saturday following reports of an assault.
A 21-year-old man was allegedly punched in the face by a 43-year-old man while he attempted to park his car, police were told.
A 26-year-old man attempted to help the younger man but was pushed over by the older man before he was struck “several times” in the face, police allege.
A NSW Police spokesman said the 43-year-old allegedly swung a chain at both men before he used a spirit level to hit the 26-year-old in the forearm and leg, causing serious injuries.
“The man also allegedly damaged a vehicle and a building with the spirit level,” the spokesman said.
A short time later, the older man was arrested and charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm, common assault, affray, armed with intent to commit an indictable offence, destroy or damage property, and stalk/ intimidate fear physical harm (personal).
The man appeared before Parramatta Local Court on Sunday.
- Freedomroo – Greater Sydney restrictions extended by a week as health authorities search for mystery case
- Freedomroo – Lady Amelia Windsor makes the most of al fresco pub scene at one of her favourite West London haunts
- Freedomroo – Disney actress sues Melbourne clinic alleging tummy freezing treatment left her with scarring
- Freedomroo – Shane Warne poses with Mick Gatto as he wins the Poker To The Stars Celebrity Gala
- Freedomroo – Time saving mum reveals how to clean your filthy pots and pans in seconds
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on