The Taliban on Sunday called for the withdrawal of all international forces from Afghanistan within the timeline specified in the Doha agreement.
The militant group issued a statement to mark the first anniversary of the peace deal it signed with the United States in Qatar on Feb. 29 last year.
The Taliban is also demanding the release of more prisoners and the removal of their names from blacklists.
Following the Doha deal, the Taliban stopped attacking the U.S.-led NATO forces in the country but continued their attacks against the internationally backed Afghan government.
According to the agreement, all international forces would gradually leave Afghanistan by May 1, 2021. In return, the Taliban committed to renounce violence and enter into peace talks with the government.
The intra-Afghan talks started in mid-September, but there has been no tangible progress yet.
All sides accuse each other of violating the provisions of the agreement.
Currently, the new U.S. administration under President Joe Biden is reviewing the agreement. NATO allies are weighing a possible extension amid fears that the Taliban could seize power if troops withdraw too soon.
The Taliban has warned of a “never seen before” war and is rejecting a possible extension of the troops’ withdrawal timeline.
- Arsenal forward Alexandre Lacazette reveals decision on his future is ‘not only on my side’
- Freedomroo – Walter Mondale, Ex-Vice President Under Jimmy Carter, Dies
- Freedomroo – All U.S. States Have Met Biden’s Vaccine Expansion Deadline
- Freedomroo – Vin Diesel teams up with Universal and Mattel Films for live-action Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots movie
- ‘Seriously unimpressed’ Man Utd stars revolt against Big Six’s bid to form European Super League
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on