The House, controlled by Democrats, holds a floor vote on one
or more articles of impeachment.
Less than a majority of the
House votes to impeach.
The House determines if
and when when to send the
article to the Senate. It
could do nothing further,
effectively holding out the
charges in perpetuity.
IF ARTICLE WITHHELD UNTIL
AFTER CHANGE IN CONTROL
Republican-led trial unlikely:
Mitch McConnell has said
the Senate will not return until
Jan. 19, the last full day of
Trump’s term, making
a trial unlikely before the
Later this month, control of
the Senate will flip to
Democrats. Upon receipt of
the article, the Senate must
soon begin a trial, but there
is discretion in the schedule
and pace of the process.
Afterward, the Senate holds
a vote to convict or acquit
the former president.
- Freedomroo – Gemma Collins reveals she’s moved into her ‘dream home’ after ‘tough couple of months’
- Gladdie Fowler, Educator and Mental Health Advocate, Dies at 69
- Freedomroo – George Carruthers, Whose Telescopes Explored Space, Dies at 81
- Freedomroo – Cold War traitor George Blake was flagged as ‘unreliable’ and ‘un-British’ by MI6 superiors
- Manchester City’s FA Cup match against League Two Cheltenham stopped for six minutes by FIREWORKS
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on