Residents in Adelaide’s northern suburbs have been told to take action as an out of control bushfire is threatening their homes.
The CFS issued a Watch and Act message on Monday afternoon for Bolivar, near the Northern Connector.
“Take action now as this bushfire may threaten your safety,” the alert read.
“If you are not prepared, leave now and if the path is clear, go to a safer place.”
The uncontrolled blaze is burning in an easterly direction towards the Princess Highway and Paralowie.
The “dangerous” conditions a continually changing and locals are urged not to enter the area.
Bolivar is located only about 22km from Adelaide’s CBD and has highly populated neighbouring suburbs.
There are currently about 80 CFS and MFS firefighters working on the fireground. SA police are also on scene and have closed Port Wakefield Road.
Locals are being warned that smoke will be visible.
- Turkey’s nomads preserve ancestral way of life for centuries
- Euro 2020: The issues facing England boss Gareth Southgate with just 100 days to go
- Man United monitoring situation with Inter Milan over £43m owed to them for Romelu Lukaku transfer
- Freedomroo – Kendall Jenner keeps a low profile as she meets up with Fai Khadra after he poses with Justine Skye
- Newsco – ‘There’s a lot that’s been lost’: Meghan slams The Firm for ‘perpetuating falsehoods about us’
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on