Istanbul contender Galatasaray’s hopes to join the Champions League took a heavy blow late Wednesday after a devastating 5-1 loss against PSV Eindhoven in the second qualifying round.
The Yellow-Reds suffered a very early goal in the 2nd minute when PSV’s attacking midfielder Eran Zahavi converted Gala goalie Fernando Muslera’s mistake into a goal with a clean shot.
The Israeli scorer went on to score two more goals to complete a hat-trick, in the 35th and 84th minutes.
The Lions’ only goal came in the 42nd minute by right winger Emre Kılınç.
PSV’s German player Mario Götze also scored two goals, in the 51st and 88th minutes, which concluded the rout.
The second leg of the match will be played in Istanbul next week.
- Freedomroo – Kelly Clarkson heads to work after it’s revealed she earns more than $1.5million PER MONTH
- Freedomroo – Kitty Spencer’s boozy hen party tour in Florence!
- Tokyo Olympics: Hong Kong newspaper slammed for describing silver medalist as ‘mixed-race mermaid’
- Freedomroo – Southern Cryonics facility for human body freezing to open in 2022
- Asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs likely came from the outer half of the main belt
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on