Germany rejected on Monday a recent Human Rights Watch (HRW) report that stated Israel’s actions in Palestine constitute apartheid.
Asked about the report at a press briefing in Berlin, German government spokesperson Steffen Seibert said the HRW viewpoint that “Israel is committing the international law crime of apartheid is explicitly not endorsed by the federal government.”
“We don’t think that is a correct assessment,” Seibert added.
Last week, the HRW issued a 213-page report accusing Israel of committing crimes of apartheid and persecution against the Palestinian people in the occupied territories.
In the report, the New York-based human rights group said Israel’s dual policies, codified in its laws, had privileged the rights of Israeli Jews, while repressing the rights of Palestinians.
HRW Executive Director Kenneth Roth stated, “Denying millions of Palestinians their fundamental rights, without any legitimate security justification and solely because they are Palestinian and not Jewish, is not simply a matter of an abusive occupation.”
Israel rejected the report, accusing the HRW of being instrumentalized by the pro-Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement.
- New device lets people with paralysis control a customized computer with their EAR muscles
- Freedomroo – Josh Duggar is seen wearing an ANKLE MONITOR as he is released on home detention
- Freedomroo – Gold Coast Suns vs St Kilda live score, Sean Lemmens body slams Dan Butler
- Arsenal star Matteo Guendouzi out for the rest of the season after suffering fractured metatarsal
- Newsco – Elon Musk teases his SNL hosting gig alongside musical guest Miley Cyrus
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on