A backpacker hostel at the centre of a previous Covid outbreak has gone into lockdown again, with police taping off the building.
Noah’s backpacker hostel in Bondi has gone into a snap lockdown after a resident tested positive for Covid-19, with police called in to contain the area.
It is not yet clear how many cases are involved and whether it was the more transmissible Omicron strain of the virus.
According to local media reports, those staying at the hostel could return to the building, however no one was allowed to leave.
The same hostel was involved in an earlier outbreak in April of last year, with residents criticised at the time for not taking isolation rules seriously.
The lockdown comes as NSW recorded 420 new cases of the virus, amid fears the summer party season would drive an escalation of transmission.
A number of cases have also been recorded in Byron Bay, which also has a high proportion of backpackers.
- Freedomroo – LAX worker reveals the RUDEST stars she’s met in the airport like Kendall Jenner and Nicki Minaj
- Ziyech stunner galvanizes Chelsea to beat Tottenham in crucial win
- ZEXYR.COM – Francis Ngannou tells Joe Rogan he wants to go into BOXING after his stunning UFC 270 victory
- ZEXYR.COM – DOI’s Hamish Gaman claims he was asked to KISS partner Faye Brookes
- GoBookMe.com.au – Two men arrested, accused of stealing RATS
- Space: China reveals plan to launch rocket fleet to divert potentially apocalyptic asteroid on
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- Freedomroo – Tina Arena puts $7million Toorak mansion up for sale on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on