Footage of an ABC journalist’s hilarious slip-up has resurfaced on social media, but it was probably what everyone was thinking at the time.
Hilarious footage has re-emerged of an ABC host slipping up on air, telling viewers Victoria’s lockdown would not end for another 49 years.
On the September 1 episode of The Drum, journalist Ellen Fanning fumbled as she began introducing a story about the Covid-19 situation at the time.
“Daniel Andrews has announced that Victoria‘s lockdown will be extended until 2070,” Fanning said.
She quickly realised her mistake and said: “Sorry, it will not. Take the lead back to the beginning, take the lead back to the beginning.”
Fanning quickly re-read her intro, correcting her hilarious blunder by saying the lockdown would be extended until 70 per cent of the population had at least one Covid-19 jab.
The video was posted to the @6News TikTok and has had more than 237,000 likes and generated more than 5000 comments.
“2070 sound about right,” one person commented.
“Pretty sure she did it right the first time,” another said.
“Laughing as it’s so funny and crying as it could be true,” a third post read.
“I hope this doesn’t give Dan Andrews any ideas,” a fourth commented.
Fanning was referring to an announcement made by the Victorian Premier who advised that majority of the state’s restrictions would remain until 70 per cent of Victorians aged 16 and older had received at least one Covid-19 vaccine dose.
He said the state could no longer “hold out hope” that case numbers would drop and vaccination was the only way out.
“We will not see these case numbers go down,” Mr Andrews said last month.
“They are going to go up. The question is, by how many and how fast.”
On the day of that announcement, the state recorded 120 locally acquired cases and two deaths; a stark contrast to the 1571 new cases of community transmission that were recorded on Wednesday.
- Moment a mother elephant stamps a crocodile to death as it stalks her calf in Zambia
- Freedomroo – Amelia Hamlin heads to lunch with pals in Beverly Hills
- Freedomroo – Top doctor warns Queensland will see 16,000 Covid cases when borders open
- Gaming: World’s smallest console is the same size as a POSTAGE STAMP – but is fully functional
- Children death toll during Yemeni war hits grim milestone of 10,000
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on