GoBookMe.com.au – MAFS: Simon Blackburn was exposed by own wife who discovered vile TikTok videos

A FIFO worker who was kicked off the upcoming season of Married At First Sight after his vile TikTok rants against women and gay people resurfaced was able to make it all the way to honeymoon week before being booted from the show. Pictured: Simon Blackburn

A FIFO worker who was kicked off the upcoming season of Married At First Sight after his vile TikTok rants against women and gay people resurfaced was able to make it all the way to honeymoon week before being booted from the show.

Simon Blackburn was scrubbed from the program, which is set to premiere on Nine early next year, after the network and producers were made aware of a string of videos in which he used vile homophobic and misogynistic language.

Daily Mail Australia can now reveal it was Blackburn’s on-screen wife who first alerted them to the videos, and that she noticed ‘red flags’ about the divorced father of two within just 24 hours of tying the knot.

A FIFO worker who was kicked off the upcoming season of Married At First Sight after his vile TikTok rants against women and gay people resurfaced was able to make it all the way to honeymoon week before being booted from the show. Pictured: Simon Blackburn

Blackburn, who is in his thirties, had already filmed his wedding and honeymoon with Jessica Seracino when she discovered the offensive videos last month.

‘Jessica was extremely uncomfortable with him,’ an insider said.

After waking up on their honeymoon, Seracino asked her friends to do some research on Blackburn, and a quick Google search revealed his unsavoury online footprint, including hateful videos and tweets.

Daily Mail Australia can now reveal it was Blackburn's on-screen wife, Jessica Seracino (pictured), who first alerted producers to the videos, and that she noticed 'red flags' about the divorced father of two within just 24 hours of tying the knot

Daily Mail Australia can now reveal it was Blackburn’s on-screen wife, Jessica Seracino (pictured), who first alerted producers to the videos, and that she noticed ‘red flags’ about the divorced father of two within just 24 hours of tying the knot

‘There were a series of homophobic and misogynistic tweets and TikTok videos. Something was not right,’ the source added.

‘Jessica was in disbelief and that’s when she alerted producers, who were just as surprised.’

Blackburn was then ‘immediately asked to leave’ and Seracino was sent back to a new hotel until producers matched her with another groom.

Blackburn, who is in his thirties, had already filmed his wedding and honeymoon with Seracino (pictured) when she discovered the offensive videos last month

Blackburn, who is in his thirties, had already filmed his wedding and honeymoon with Seracino (pictured) when she discovered the offensive videos last month 

After waking up on their honeymoon, Seracino asked her friends to do some research on Blackburn, and a quick Google search revealed his unsavoury online footprint, including hateful videos and tweets

After waking up on their honeymoon, Seracino asked her friends to do some research on Blackburn, and a quick Google search revealed his unsavoury online footprint, including hateful videos and tweets 

Blackburn featured in an untelevised trailer for MAFS, but a Nine spokesperson confirmed he had been edited out of the program after the network was made aware of his behaviour.

‘When unacceptable social media content was discovered in relation to Simon Blackburn we immediately took steps to remove him from the program,’ a Nine representative told Daily Mail Australia on Tuesday.

‘We won’t be making further comment.’

Blackburn featured in an untelevised trailer for MAFS, but a Nine spokesperson confirmed he had been edited out of the program after the network was made aware of his behaviour

Blackburn featured in an untelevised trailer for MAFS, but a Nine spokesperson confirmed he had been edited out of the program after the network was made aware of his behaviour 

While Endemol Shine Australia, the production company behind MAFS, is understood to have done extensive background and criminal checks, it’s possible Blackburn did not disclose his Twitter and TikTok accounts during his application.

One shameful TikTok video showed Blackburn making misogynistic comments about a woman he previously dated.

He claimed she would ‘sit on YouTube all day’ instead of making money and called her the C-word repeatedly.

Shocking: One shameful TikTok video showed Blackburn making misogynistic comments about a woman he previously dated. He claimed she would 'sit on YouTube all day' instead of making money and called her the C-word repeatedly

Shocking: One shameful TikTok video showed Blackburn making misogynistic comments about a woman he previously dated. He claimed she would ‘sit on YouTube all day’ instead of making money and called her the C-word repeatedly 

Another video saw him discussing how he matched with a woman on dating app Hinge, who later texted him to say she didn’t think she was his type.

He then boasted of not dating women ‘over 60 kilos’. 

Endemol Shine Australia’s decision to axe Blackburn is understood to have set production back tens of thousands of dollars.

‘There were wedding costs, food, hire cars, security, plus all the expenses of production – it all just went to waste,’ a source said. 

Endemol Shine Australia's decision to axe Blackburn has set the show back tens of thousands of dollars, after producers were forced to cut all his scenes

Endemol Shine Australia’s decision to axe Blackburn has set the show back tens of thousands of dollars, after producers were forced to cut all his scenes

Production sources said Blackburn will be ‘edited out like he was never there’, which includes cutting him from the bucks’ party with his male co-stars. 

Blackburn did not respond to Daily Mail Australia’s request for comment, but appeared to address his exit from the show on Tuesday by sharing a post on his private Instagram profile that was captioned: ‘Leave the past in the past.’

He also asked people to stop messaging him about the videos because he is suffering from Covid-19. 

He said: ‘To clarify, I haven’t posted on TikTok in six months and all videos of me are reposts or screenshots of lives from last year! Not my current thoughts or mindset!

‘No further comment will be given! I’ve got Covid, let me rest!’

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Nine for further comment. 

Response: Blackburn did not respond to our request for comment, but appeared to address his exit from the show on Tuesday by sharing this post on his private Instagram profile. The father of two also asked people to stop messaging him about the videos because he has Covid-19

Response: Blackburn did not respond to our request for comment, but appeared to address his exit from the show on Tuesday by sharing this post on his private Instagram profile. The father of two also asked people to stop messaging him about the videos because he has Covid-19

Leave a Reply

Contact us

Give us a call or fill in the form below and we'll contact you. We endeavor to answer all inquiries within 24 hours on business days.




    %d bloggers like this: