Queensland has confirmed a change to its border with NSW despite a new alert that has been issued.
The Queensland border bubble with northern NSW is back intact, but the southern state has issued a new health alert for a flight that left Brisbane on Saturday.
NSW Health on Tuesday said passengers on the 7.10am QF509 flight from Brisbane to Sydney must get tested immediately and isolate following a Queensland Health alert earlier in the week that an infected person had been at Brisbane Airport on Saturday morning.
The passenger had flown into Queensland last Friday without a valid border pass and later tested positive for Covid-19.
They were sent back to NSW on Saturday morning but were infected while in Brisbane Airport, which was subsequently listed as an exposure site.
The new alert came just hours after Queensland confirmed the reinstatement of the border bubble with six northern NSW local government areas.
From 1am on Wednesday people living in the Bourke Shire, Broken Hill, Kyogle, Lismore, Richmond Valley and Unincorporated Far West regions were added back to the non-restricted zone, meaning travel to and from these areas is permitted for “essential work and essential purposes”.
The bubble burst last month following local cases in the Northern Rivers region.
Queensland has not had a locally acquired case of Covid in more than a week after stamping out several worrying clusters.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk hopes a string of new vaccination clinics at Bunnings warehouses should help the state’s first-dose rate rise even further above the 70 per cent milestone, but a patchy regional uptake means there is no sign yet of when border restrictions will ease completely.
- GoBookMe.com.au – Lara Bingle poses in her new $12,000 Louis Vuitton leather jacket
- GoBookMe.com.au – Victoria set to scrap most remaining Covid restrictions when state hits 90 per cent vaccine target
- David Beckham ‘agrees £150million deal with Qatar’ that will see him be the face of 2022 World Cup
- West should maintain dialogue with Turkey despite differences: Merkel
- JONATHAN MCEVOY: Is it all getting to you Max? Verstappen puts middle finger up at Lewis Hamilton
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on