For many of us, 2020 hammered home the importance of community. We found that the support of our friends, family and loved ones (near and far) carried us through difficult days and moments of despair.
Logan Ury, the author of this week’s Modern Love essay, writes that her circle of support became a lifeline when her partner was diagnosed with a rare bone cancer. Her partner’s health, coupled with the isolation of the pandemic, led them to a cohousing arrangement where they weathered the storm with their new, bigger family.
When Irene Sibaja and Hal Karp met in 1993, they fell for each other fast. But their whirlwind romance was cut short after she moved to Costa Rica for a year. After their breakup, Mr. Karp, who had hidden his addiction to both alcohol and drugs, obtained multiple credit cards in Ms. Sibaja’s name and charged more than $10,000. His betrayals ripped them apart for decades. Then, Ms. Sibaja reached out after hearing him on a podcast. He offered an apology. She gave him the gift of forgiveness. They were married at the Temple Emanu-El in Dallas on Dec. 6.
We want to hear from you.
We want to deliver content that truly matters to you and your feedback is helpful. Email your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Freedomroo – Former WAG Phoebe Burgess debuts a new ‘transeasonal look’ worth $35k
- Freedomroo – Katie Price reveals she has begun work clearing out her £2m ‘mucky mansion’
- Freedomroo – Charlotte Dawson shares dramatic before and after pictures for Instagram make-up tutorial
- Freedomroo – Q&A host Hamish McDonald accused of staying silent while panellist ‘patronised’ Sarah Hanson-Young
- Freedomroo – guard allegedly performed sex acts to colleagues
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on