Not all pandemic love stories are filled with romance. During the first few weeks of the pandemic, Shelby Lorman met a man on Tinder whom she quickly came to love. Although their relationship was devoid of dinners, movies and any other markers of courtship, the bond they built through shared grief and rage became enough.
[Like this newsletter? Sign up to receive it in your inbox.]
Kadine Christie, the writer of this week’s Modern Love essay, didn’t have to look far to find her life partner. In fact, she would end up marrying the first boy she ever met. Just before Ms. Christie entered the world, her mother was befriended by a fellow expecting mother in the maternity ward of a small hospital in Jamaica. As each supported the other through difficult deliveries, neither could have known that their son and a daughter would eventually have three kids of their own.
We want to hear from you.
We want to deliver content that truly matters to you and your feedback is helpful. Email your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pregnant women with COVID 20 times more likely to die and infants may have to be in NICUs longer
- Jake Paul Promised Them Fame. Was It Worth the Price?
- Leicester vs West Brom – Premier League: Live score, lineups and updates
- Freedomroo – Climate activists dump wheelbarrow full of cow manure outside White House to protest climate plan
- Pentagon investigated Russian ‘energy attacks’ on US troops
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on