Relationships are challenging for just about anyone, but for someone battling a health condition, illness can complicate things even more.
Adam Barrows, the author of this week’s Modern Love essay, first talked to his wife Darla as she was recuperating from a fainting spell brought on by an eating disorder. As their relationship grew, she didn’t hide her struggles and he didn’t try to save her. Years later he came upon a study that suggested kissing may counteract anorexia; in this essay, he ponders whether love can help cure illness.
When Stephanie Goodman was a teenage clogger, she had a crush on another dancer she would see at competitions. She told a friend back then, “I’m going to marry Mark Clifford someday.” Twenty years later, her prediction came true. The couple, who began officially dating in 2012, had an intimate ceremony for two in Puerto Rico.
[Like this newsletter? Sign up to receive it in your inbox.]
And, in case you missed Random Acts of Kindness Day on Feb. 17, it’s never too late to show someone you care. Our readers recently shared moments when they stumbled upon acts of affection. Here are some of their stories.
We want to hear from you.
We want to deliver content that truly matters to you and your feedback is helpful. Email your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Freedomroo – Nick Carter announces wife Lauren Kitt has given birth to third child
- Freedomroo – Stalker, 32, sent thousands of abusive Instagram messages to musician, court hears
- Freedomroo – The T List: Five Things We Recommend This Week
- Freedomroo – Mondaire Jones sparks fury by calling GOP arguments against D.C. statehood ‘racist trash’
- Freedomroo – America's War in Afghanistan: How It Started and How It Is Ending
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on