Premier League leader Manchester City’s German-Turkish midfielder Ilkay Gündoğan on Thursday put up one of his jerseys for auction to help a young girl battling Ollier disease, a rare skeletal disorder.
“Bid now on my signed (ripped) match worn shirt that I wore in the first leg of our Champions League quarterfinals against Borussia Dortmund! Proceeds go to 8-year-old Dilara, who is fighting against a very rare disease – let’s make her live-saving surgery possible!” Gündoğan said on Twitter.
Dilara Abanoğlu was diagnosed with the Ollier disease after a tumor was discovered in her left knee joint at the age of 1.
Her leg faces the risk of amputations if not operated on. Gündoğan’s campaign aims to help her family obtain the necessary funding for surgery in Turkey.
“There are very few doctors in the world who can operate on Dilara,” the Manchester City midfielder said on the club’s website.
A former Borussia Dortmund regular, Gündoğan has been playing for Manchester City since 2016.
In his five-year spell at Man City, the 30-year-old has helped his team win two English Premier League titles in 2018 and 2019.
He also won the German Bundesliga title with Dortmund in 2012.
Gündoğan, who is of Turkish descent, represents his native Germany on the international stage.
- Freedomroo – Penny-pinching Ghislaine Maxwell demands $13.70 in legal admin costs from accuser who sued socialite
- Freedomroo – A Phishing Test Promised Workers a Covid Bonus. Now They Want an Apology.
- Archaeology: Remains of three MONKEYS dating back to Georgian times found at Nottingham Castle
- Freedomroo – Biden to Speak About Colonial Pipeline Cyberattack
- Freedomroo – Feeling a BRIT nostalgic? 2021 awards spur 90s girl group stars to reflect on their successes
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on