Turkish security forces eliminated a top PKK terrorist figure who was on the most-wanted list, Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu said Thursday.
In a statement on Twitter, Soylu said Turkish security forces crossed another terrorist off the red category of the Interior Ministry’s wanted list by killing PKK terrorist Ismail Sürgeç, codenamed Yılmaz.
The terrorist was allegedly the senior figure responsible for the group’s activities in eastern Tunceli province.
He continued by congratulating Turkish security forces for carrying out another successful operation.
The Interior Ministry’s wanted list is divided into five color-coded categories, with red marking the most wanted, followed by blue, green, orange and gray, depending on the sensitivity of their criminal activity.
Turkish security forces regularly conduct counterterrorism operations in the eastern and southeastern provinces of Turkey where the PKK has attempted to establish a strong presence and bases. The TSK also carries out cross-border operations in northern Iraq, a region where PKK terrorists have hideouts and bases from which to carry out attacks in Turkey.
In its more than 40-year terror campaign against Turkey, the PKK – listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the European Union – has been responsible for the deaths of some 40,000 people, including women and children.
- Freedomroo – Family who dismissed ‘weird marks’ on a wife’s head before she died from an ultra-rare disease
- Freedomroo – Former geography teacher Monica Young pleads GUILTY to aggravated sex with 14 year old student
- Former Vice President Walter Mondale who lost presidential election Ronald Reagan in 1984 dies at 93
- Carragher insists Jurgen Klopp exit would spell the end for FSG at Anfield after Super League plans
- Scientists create AI Albert Einstein who chats and answers questions about the famed theories
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on