A suicide bomber targeted an avenue in the Iskenderun district of southern Turkey’s Hatay province late Monday, killing himself.
Hatay Governor Rahmi Doğan said in a tweet that no casualties have been reported so far.
Two PKK terrorists were apprehended by the police upon suspicious activity and one of them exploded a bomb, Doğan also added.
Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu released a statement later in the day, saying that both terrorists have been killed by Turkish security forces.
The PKK terrorist group torched forests in Hatay just two weeks ago, and it is well-known that the militants are trying to gain a foothold in the province that sits on the Syrian border, where they have the YPG/PYD as their Syrian wing.
The explosion took place on Fener Avenue and it is now being cut off for traffic.
Ambulances, fire squads and additional police forces have been dispatched to the scene.
The PKK, which is listed as a terrorist group by Turkey, the U.S. and the European Union, has waged a terror campaign against Turkey for more than four decades and has been responsible for the deaths of nearly 40,000 people, including women and children.
- Freedomroo – Gwen Stefani, 51, proves she hasn’t aged a day as she sports her Don’t Speak dress 25 years later
- Freedomroo – Two people are dead following a suspected double shooting as police hunt for gunman
- Prince Philip: Royal Family release 1953 photo of Duke flying plane over Windsor in touching tribute
- Freedomroo – Jenny Powell, 52, puts on a leggy display in beige mini skirt
- Freedomroo – Sydney is choked by smoke as firefighters burn off huge areas to the city’s northwest
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on