Turkey’s Medicines and Medical Devices Agency (TITCK) on Wednesday approved the emergency use of Chinese biopharmaceutical company Sinovac’s coronavirus vaccine for use in the country.
The approval came after a 14-day testing period, which began when the first shipment of the vaccine, containing 3 million doses, arrived in the country on Dec. 30.
The samples of the vaccine “CoronaVac,” developed by China’s Sinovac Biotech, were tested in accordance with the routine quality control processes applied all over the world, the Ministry of Health previously said in a statement.
Analyses were conducted to check the expected quality, effectiveness and reliability of the vaccine when it is stored and applied under conditions defined by the company throughout its shelf life.
Health care staff and nursing homes will be the first to receive the vaccines, according to Health Minister Fahrettin Koca.
The vaccine will be administered by the Health Ministry’s COVID-19 vaccine application units, which will be established in family health centers as well as in private and university hospitals, according to the Health Services Directorate.
Those who want to be vaccinated will apply to these units for an appointment.
- James Murdoch says there will be a ‘reckoning’ for the media after Capitol riots
- Freedomroo – Inside Australian architect’s mega mansion – complete with infinity pool and 500-bottle wine cellar
- Freedomroo – Uganda’s Leader of 35 Years Is Re-elected Amid Accusations of Vote-Rigging
- The Blockbuster ‘Drivers License,’ a Possible Reply and 7 More New Songs
- Freedomroo – Teenage girl, 16, dies and her boyfriend injured after stopping yheir car while having an argument
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on