Turkey and Austria have agreed to further enhance dialogue in areas of common interest, Austria’s foreign minister said Monday.
Tweeting after he met with Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu in the Italian capital, Rome, Alexander Schallenberg remarked that all aspects of bilateral relations were discussed.
The meeting with Çavuşoğlu was good and substantive, he added.
The Turkish foreign minister, who is in Rome to attend a minister-level meeting of the Global Coalition to Defeat Daesh, also met with Lebanese Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister Zeina Akar and the Central African Republic Foreign Minister Sylvie Baipo-Temon.
Çavuşoğlu also held a meeting with his Singaporean counterpart Vivian Balakrishnan.
Bilateral and regional issues were discussed, said Çavuşoğlu, noting that the two countries agreed to recognize COVID-19 vaccine certificates issued by each other.
The meeting in Rome, which was the first face-to-face event since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, aims to confirm that the coalition members are on the same page on the absolute defeat of Daesh as well as their commitment to stabilizing the liberated areas of Syria and Iraq and consolidating the cooperation among its working groups.
Convened at Italy’s request, it will also discuss the threat posed by terrorist organizations affiliated with Daesh in the Sahel and various regions of Africa.
- Vaccine hesitancy in America fell by one-third during early months of 2021
- Freedomroo – Israeli army kills Palestinian boy in West Bank: Ministry | Occupied West Bank News
- Local politicians pass vote of no confidence in their MP Matt Hancock
- Freedomroo – Rebel Wilson, 41, was motivated to lose 65lbs after her doctor says it would help her conceive
- Newsco – Liz Cheney slams Kevin McCarthy for thinking the riot committee is a ‘political game’
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on