Turkey on Monday detained three New Zealand nationals trying to enter Turkey from Syria, including a woman wanted by Interpol.
“Three New Zealand nationals trying to enter our country illegally from Syria were caught by our border guards in Hatay’s Reyhanlı district. A 26-year-old woman named S.A. among those caught was identified as a DAESH terrorist wanted with a ‘blue notice,’” a statement by the National Defense Ministry said on Twitter.
Turkey was one of the first countries to declare Daesh a terrorist group in 2013.
The country has since been attacked by the group’s terrorists multiple times.
The terrorist group has carried out at least 10 suicide bombings, seven bomb attacks and four armed attacks, killing 315 people and injuring hundreds more.
In response, Turkey launched anti-terror operations at home and abroad to prevent further attacks.
Daesh terrorists frequently attempt to enter Turkey by crossing the border through Syria. Just last week, Turkish security forces apprehended a terrorist sought with Red Notice near the border.
- Freedomroo – Gwen Stefani, 51, proves she hasn’t aged a day as she sports her Don’t Speak dress 25 years later
- Freedomroo – Two people are dead following a suspected double shooting as police hunt for gunman
- Prince Philip: Royal Family release 1953 photo of Duke flying plane over Windsor in touching tribute
- Freedomroo – Jenny Powell, 52, puts on a leggy display in beige mini skirt
- Freedomroo – Sydney is choked by smoke as firefighters burn off huge areas to the city’s northwest
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on