Turkey’s National Intelligence Organization (MIT) announced Monday that PKK terrorist Mesut Taşkın, responsible for the plot that killed 12 police officers in the southeastern Turkish border town of Cizre in 2016, was killed abroad.
According to security sources, in an operation conducted abroad, MIT killed the terrorist, who was codenamed Demhat Sperti and who planned the attack on the Cizre action force department with an explosive-laden truck in August 2016, killing 12 police officers and wounding another 75. The MIT operation was carried out on Oct. 20.
It was discovered that Taşkın also snuck the explosives into Turkey that were used in the attack on a service vehicle of the Silopi customs office in August 2016 and the attack on the police department of Diyarbakır’s Bağlar district in April 2017.
- Freedomroo – Colorado Judge Censured for Using Racial Slur Will Resign, Court Says
- Arsenal forward Alexandre Lacazette reveals decision on his future is ‘not only on my side’
- Freedomroo – Walter Mondale, Ex-Vice President Under Jimmy Carter, Dies
- Freedomroo – All U.S. States Have Met Biden’s Vaccine Expansion Deadline
- Freedomroo – Vin Diesel teams up with Universal and Mattel Films for live-action Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots movie
- Freedomroo – Foodies are going wild for this home baker’s ‘best chocolate cake’ recipe on
- A Dining Room That Celebrates Every Meal on
- Donald Trump uses Twitter to divert media from topics, study says on
- Freedomroo – Trump’s chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19 on
- Happy birthday Kim Kardashian! The reality star-turned-mogul’s secrets to looking FAB at FORTY on